Faux Fu

Thursday, July 02, 2009

"The only truly heroic act is to enjoy the very simple act of being alive." - David Bowie

I have been swimming in Bowie. And finding great inspiration. Hopefully my next theater piece will emerge from sinking deep into my Bowie studies.

I have been listening to Low and "Heroes" quite obsessively. My new favorite song of all time is an old one. A towering song, now "so last century," about lovers in the shadow of a wall that no longer exists.

Last night the Lovely Carla and I tried to work out an arrangement of it to play at the upcoming open mic. Breaking the song down into parts, trying to make it fly. Sort of a daunting task.

Beautifully written, the chords are simple and flow so easily one to the next. Any interpretation really is a reduction. Still I love it and want to do it.

Here's Bowie and band making it fly live:

Blog Archive