Faux Fu

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fish Stories

The myth of my existence. I'm caught between two fish. Somehow in the world of business, I have always been in a "scalable" endeavor. Lots of expending of energy now, for a possible future boxcar payoff and valuable prizes later.

It's actually kind of a hopeful way to live. Not always fulfilling, but hopeful. It amazing how easily I can gear myself up for the battle even though my track record has been uneven!

I am book-ended by two fish stories. The one where a guy named Ahab finds his big fish who takes him to the depths of hell. The other an Old Man who has a great fish on the line, and the sharks come and tear it apart piece by piece before he can get it into the boat.

Neither story ends well.

I want to write a new myth. I get the fish in the boat and it's FISH STICKS for everyone!

Blog Archive