Faux Fu

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Arts Beat

On the arts beat, I've just finished a new theater piece, called "The Drugs," inspired by the book "Bowie in Berlin," which we will debut at the Abbie Hoffman Died for Your Sins Fest in August.

I'm pretty happy with the first stab at the script. It all just kind of came together in my head, and then when I actually got to the writing of it, well, it all came out fairly quickly and painlessly. I'm thinking it was just pure inspiration. It's actually one of my more optimistic pieces. Which was kind of a surprise.

And Bowie and his record "Low" really carried me along.

The other news, we found a new home for our little theater company. The day we moved out of the Peter Jones Gallery we had no clue where we'd end up. In short order, we found a little space, and quickly sealed the deal. It's small, really small, needs some work, but it's ours and we want it to be a multi-arts space: art gallery, theater, and music space.

Today we're going to knock a wall down. We need to do some plumbing and electrical work. We've found a circle of folks who all want to roll up their sleeves and help us. If all goes well, we'll have our first opening sometime this fall.

As Macbeth found out, sometimes the forest does walk. Black Forest one step at a time.

Blog Archive