Faux Fu

Friday, January 05, 2007

A Mouse Click Away

The internet really is a cool space, isn't it? It's amazing what you can find, who you can discover. In the late seventies of the last century there was an explosion of new bands out of New York that captivated me. They included: Television, the Patti Smith Group and the quirky, edgy and funky Talking Heads. One of my favorite blogs is written by David Byrne, former lead singer of the Heads. David writes about music and philosophy, and well, I guess just whatever he wants to write about. He always seems to have something unique to add to the conversation. I guess this was evident the first time I heard him at the microphone - there was an adventurousness, an intelligence in his lyrics that was unsettling and inspiring. It's kind of cool to be connected to him with just one little mouse click.

Blog Archive