Faux Fu

Monday, September 06, 2004

Summertime, When the Living is Easy

Easy to be 'sunny' today, it's Monday and we're still on vacation. I have really unplugged from the business world. I have found the 'calm center,' and everything seems to be flowing. I have found time for everything.

Today, a simple agenda: take a long run on the lakefront, get in a good meditation, read a little Orwell, have a good meal, practice my lines from 'Henry Goodbar,' and play my guitar. I have 'rediscovered' the guitar on this vacation.

On the road-trip, I programmed a solid block of great guitar music. My favorites include: Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Pete Townsend, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Duane Allman, George Harrison, John Lennon, Carlos Santana and Eric Clapton. I guess, these are the usual suspects (heavy on the British Invasion). It's amazing how each has such a distinctive sound and feel. I also enjoy, Roger Mcquinn of the Byrds, and Charlie Sexton (he can be found on Lucinda Williams records and is currently in Dylan's excellent touring band).

I've always loved playing guitar. I'm thinking of setting up a little recording studio (using my Mac) and create some guitar soundscapes. I have gotten so much pleasure and inspiration from the great rock and roll guitar masters.

Anyway, yesterday 'Henry Goodbar' took another little 'hit.' Phoenix who is playing two roles (Dr. Hoffman and Yvonne) went missing. We're hoping it was just a communication breakdown, but we have not heard from her. An ominious development. It's possible we have to 'go to the mattresses' and find at least one and maybe two actors to replace her. This production has shown flashes of brilliance, but we've also gotten very close to breaking into a million pieces (George was sometimes a real 'pain in the ass' but he was also a grounding force for Black Forest). Carla kind of went into a tailspin yesterday, but I'm hoping today she will be recharged and we can 'speed the plow.'

Blog Archive