Faux Fu

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Essential Work

Some days, a meditation sets the tone for the whole day. Yesterday this was so, I was clear, no dread, everything fell into place. I could 'see' everyone clearly -- Kevin's dread and invalidation, Paula's motherly concern, Randy's cloud of uncertainty, Ziggy's cold skepticism, Ed's cautious enthusiasm. I could see these things without taking them in, I would notice the energy, let it pass through; I remained unsullied. I maintained the 'calm center.' I was at my best in every meeting I attended: engaged, articulate.

Two years of 'psychic meditation,' has given me tools to navigate the roiling waters. It is essential to sit for at least 30 minutes, running through my visualizations, blowing roses, bringing in gold light. It's so simple, so insubstantial, it's easy to forget the importance of grounding and letting the universe flow through you. But it really is the essential work.

Blog Archive