Faux Fu

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

"I see everything twice." -- from Catch 22

I live a schizophrenic existence. This is probably my natural state. Yesterday morning was all business: Paula and I did a presentation to an electric utility (the evil empire) in Kansas City, MO. via a Webex Teleconference. We did a professional presentation. Paula was at home in McHenry, I was at home in Evanston, a room-full of people on-line from KC. The technology is great, I sipped an iced-latte, with classical music playing in the background (Chopin). No-one realized I was in a t-shirt, khaki-shorts, topped by my 'Bush Evil Doer'/Late Night, cap. These utility folks have sold their souls to the devil. We pitched 'energy efficiency,' kind of like 'whistling in the wind.'

In the afternoon, I went to Peter Jones to confer with David, check on his progress with the Lighting Design on 'Goodbar.' It is amazing what he is able to do with minimal tools and budget. Using colored lights acquired from Home Depot, David created three zones (to be expanded to 4). It totally transforms the set. David is creating a three-dimensional sculpture. Beautiful, haunting, dream-like.

We have created a great friendship based on creative collaboration and the 'good work.' We have learned so much over the last three plays. Anyway, the schizoid nature of my existence seems to be working. Who am I today? Make that a double-shot latte!

Blog Archive