Faux Fu

Friday, September 24, 2004

Back to the World

Yesterday was a lost day. I was up at 4:00 a.m. pretty much completed my work by 10:00 a.m. I fielded some calls later in the day, but bascially I was one of the 'the walking dead.' Lack of sleep made me very edgy, brittle, zombified. I closed my eyes, listened to music, tried to unplug from the world.

I sat quietly on the back porch, watched the birds playing on their cage, eating, listening to the sounds of the world around them. I could not concentrate, or think, everything just kind of passed over me. I made a hearty meal, veggie burgers, celery, cottage cheese, onions, mushrooms; chopped it all up, mixed it in a bowl. It tasted better than it sounds. Topped it off with a frozen yogurt.

Went to sleep early. This morning, back to the world. It's dark, quiet, looking to kind of ease into the weekend and the world of Black Forest. Expectant, aware, not dead yet.

Blog Archive