Faux Fu

Sunday, August 15, 2004

To bed late (a dinner party at the neighbors), up early (the day was calling me), feeling a little brittle this morning.

The radio tells me, 'the goal of life is to play.'

George has turned out to be a great diappointment. He is obviously already on to 'other things' and he is stumbling through the text. He has not come to rehearsal prepared, and he is a drag on the whole group (everyone else is dedicated, professional). Hopefully, we can bring him along today, get through 'Abbie' next week, and then cut him loose.

Big day today: last major rehearsal before 'Abbie,' from 10-2, then on to Mary Archie for the annual Abbie Barbecue, then later this evening a radio interview on WZRD to promote our appearance at the Bucktown Art Fest.

I'll have to catch up on sleep later.

My new theatrical inspiration: the two street performers I saw in Old Montreal; a sword swallower, a magician. The essense of performance, people fully engaged, a few props, the energy needed to make people stop and notice. The willingness to 'risk it.' Neil Young tells me, 'Don't be Denied.'

Blog Archive