Faux Fu

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The Sky is Crying

Rain is coming down hard. A light bulb has popped, so I sit in the dark, typing into my computer; words, sentences tumble out into the blog-sphere. I slept well last night, but I'm a little sore and creaky this morning.

I had a dream, where I was in a large room surrounded by people, and I was explaining myself to the group... 'I wanted to make a wad of cash, so I could devote myself to my theater group.' This may have been my original conception, (as per Easy Rider -- 'make the big score, and then you're free') but I have a foot in two camps. One, where I make money, one, where I dream.

I now believe its important to have a day-job that pays the bills. This way the theater group can be purely about the work. Why turn what I love to do, into a job? The job is another role, another realm. The challenge is to not be consumed, not to give it all away.

I have 'detached' myself from my job, so I can plunge myself into The Work. This balance might be the best of two worlds. I'll try that idea on for size today, to see how it works out. Be free NOW and ALWAYS.

Blog Archive