Faux Fu

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

"Don't Be Late." - Jimi Hendrix

"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

I slept in a bit this morning. Awakened by blasting light flooding through the window shades. So bright, like a new world had just birthed, I knew I had slept in a bit, which felt good, but it doesn't happen often. I went to bed with a raging headache, was it the barometric pressure? I seem to be getting more and more sensitive to pretty much everything as I get older. I am not hardening, I'm getting softer, more permeable. Not sure if that's good or bad. Still, the long sleep seemed necessary, refreshing and healing. Recharged!

What is the first thing I remembered this morning? I had a visitation. I was visited last night by a mythic figure. No, it wasn't Zeus or Buddha, not Jesus or Jack Kerouac, I was visited by Jimi Hendrix. Hah, so odd, unexpected. Why Jimi?

Great American r&r guitarist. He died young, at the age of 27 in 1970. The words from one of his songs, "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)," was circulating through my head, Jimi was speaking directly to me:

"I want to say one more last thing
I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time
I'll give it right back to ya one of these days, hahah
I said, I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time
I'll give it right back one of these days, oh yeah
If I don't meet you no more in this world
Then I'll meet you in the next one
And don't be late
Don't be late"

Right. I don't know. I think I will take my sweet time Jimi. But yeah, the next one, right, don't worry, I'll be there, just working on some stuff right now...

Blog Archive