I wrote about Ryan Adams covering Taylor Swift here. Just weird enough to be interesting. But also kind of a "stunt." And if I buy the Ryan Adams record of Swift covers, don't I also have to buy the Taylor Swift record? Just to see what he did and didn't do?
And is that just a bridge too far?
Still, you do realize that this new record by Ryan Adams will be his biggest ever, a sort of breakout record. And he will, for sure, be riding Taylor Swift's coattails. Is it the kind of stunt that we should be encouraging?
I'm torn. One part of me says... buy both records... another side of me says... avoid with extreme prejudice...
- ► 2020 (262)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- Jammer - Destroyer of Strings!
- Live and Die for It!
- Bootstrap Our Own Meaning/Light!
- The Creators!
- What's Gonna Happen Next?!
- Heaven or Hell? Google It!
- Reward the Stunt?!?
- Conflicting Realities!
- The Pope vs. Fossil Fuels
- Jeb! Fool!
- "Sail Away" - The National Anthem!
- Promise and Lies of America!
- "When Stuff Goes Wrong..."
- Joy Division's Works of Art!
- Why Did We Choose Not to Copy Our DNA?
- Sanctuary for "Lost Causes & Hopeless Cases"
- God is His Promoter!
- Everything Interesting is in Collaboration!
- Damn the Diabolical Ideas!
- Living in the State of Dread!
- "Wheel in the Sky Keeps on Turning" - Journey
- Be Prepared for What You Can't Be Prepared For!
- Pinter Distilled!
- Maybe My Last Post About Miley!
- Miley Cyrus Pop Cultural Auteur!
- Youth is Used Up by the Young!
- We are Always in the Age of Wonder
- A Friend and An Enemy!
- Mother of All Modern Conspiracies!
- Polling the Idiocy!
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)