Faux Fu

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sucking on the Pipe!

Yes, there is a "reality" behind these words, there is a person behind this keyboard.  Sometimes I seem to be chattering on, sometimes I ramble, sometimes I rumble, but I'm usually just letting the words fly.  Because I can...


Anyway, this morning I'm in a philosophical frame of mind. Thinking about life and what's it all about.  This can be a forbidding topic.  I find that it's best to "narrow-cast," to not cast the net too far ahead or behind.  Can I make it to lunch?  And when lunch is over, can I make it to dinner?  And when dinner is over, well when will I drop off to sleep?


Anyway, the past is gone, it's a world of ghosts, and the future is a vague cloud out beyond our reach.


LIFE.  What is it all about?  Breathing.  Yes, breathing.  That's my great insight this morning.  Lately I've been sucking on a ceramic pipe, no, not that kind of pipe, I've been sucking on a Himalayan Crystal Salt Inhaler.


I'm using it to treat my asthma, a condition I've had ever since I was a wee lad.  I've spent much of my life just struggling to breathe.  Anyway, I think it's working, at least I do notice the salt definitely dries me out.  My lungs seem to be opening up a little.  There are new sections of my lungs that are waking up.  Am I breathing easier?  Well, maybe it's the placebo effect, but yeah, it seems so.  


Fifteen minutes each day sucking the pipe.  Now that's a new routine for me.  And I am exercising my lungs.  And maybe just that act alone helps.  


Breathing.  Just breathing.  Just sitting down and breathing.  It's all about the breathing.  That's life.  Yes.  Breathing. That's my little pearl of wisdom this morning!

Blog Archive