Faux Fu

Monday, May 09, 2011

Significant Conflict!

We are planning a Bob Dylan tribute night on May 21. More on that in a future post.

But I found out that we have a major conflict on that date. It seems that it's "Rapture Day." That's the big judgement day thingy, where Jesus comes back and the righteous are raptured up to heaven and the rest of us get left behind to wallow and burn in our own iniquity.

Sounds like a busy day...

Oh boy. I hope we are able to at least finish our set that night. Is it a coincidence that we are planning on ending our set with "Knocking on Heavens' Door?" I think not.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm not one of the lucky raptured ones. Ever since 3rd grade, I've kind of lived with the assumption that heaven is not for me. Sister Mary Aquanata made that very, very clear!

And what is in store for us "unraptured ones?" I guess it's not such a pretty picture...

Job 20:7-8: "Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung..."

OH Shit!

Blog Archive