Faux Fu

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Brief Flash of Light

Our little storefront space was packed last night. 25 human beings meant a full house - surprise, surprise! It's a very intimate space. Nothing fancy. A nice clean room. A little color, fabric, lights, and music. Our little cathedral.

We did our little skit "The Wig."

Someone commented that it was "Ike and Tina Turner meets Beckett." That's perfect.

Our method is our madness. A few people really tune into our wavelength, which always amazes me. I mean, on the other hand, I'm surprised that our stuff is considered strange, disconnected, and obtuse. What makes complete sense to me, or what I will tolerate in my own head as completely sensible, sometimes seems to totally baffle some folks.

It's something I've come to expect. And I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. So yes, the show went well, no major glitches. We didn't get to magic, but we did a good job. We did the piece justice.

It was an opening and closing night for this piece. A brief flash of light, and then it's gone. One shot. No re-do. That is kind of how it goes.

Blog Archive