Faux Fu

Monday, November 10, 2008

The World of Light

There are big changes and small changes.

Large realities are shifting and little personal things start to morph. Ever since the new reality peeked out from under cover of the "dark ages" last Tuesday night, I have noticed that a large dark force has lifted from my head.

I think I was like a character in Sam Shepard's "Unseen Hand." Some whacked out Bush-Doctor had an invisible grip on my head, and my spirit, and he'd squeeze hard at unpredictable times. It was a long spell, cast in the year 2000, and it's been 8 years of dark, monkey-man squeezing.

How did I let this happen? I don't know, I fought, kicking and screaming for 8 years.

About 2 years ago, I found a new mantra, and I'd repeat it like a Tourette's syndrome victim - "Ba rac ko ba ma. Ba rac ko ba ma. Ba rac ko ba ma."

And then the spell lifted. I do believe in Mary Worth!

So I imagine a world where good people don't torture their fellow humans. I imagine a world where the Guantanmo Gulag is torn down. I imagine a world where we bring our soldiers home and let Iraqis figure out how to heal their own country.

I've got my mantra and I won't forget it.

And this morning I don't have to swear a blue streak at the radio. I don't fear the Bush-Doctor. I laugh. I don't have to wake up wondering "What is the new outrage?" "What horrible thing is now being done in my name?" "How have the dirty bastards fucked up today?"

I know there's still a world of shit to wade through, but the monkey-grip is already a distant memory. Everything is lighter.

Blog Archive