Faux Fu

Friday, November 07, 2008

Rahm Emanual Will Kick Ass!

In my professional life (such as it is) I work in the Energy field. Very appropriate for me. Energy - it's invisible, you can't see it. It's like magic really. Sometimes I feel like Sisyphus pushing an invisible boulder up a hill.

Now that I think of it, it's probably an invisible hill. Yes, that's right, I'm Sisyphus pushing an invisible boulder up an invisible hill.

Now that's hard work. Or if not hard, totally baffling, or at least not always fulfilling.

Anyway I work (such as it is) with some really incredibly talented and cool people. Why do they tolerate me? Who knows. One of them I'll call the Golden Girl. She is an amazing person, dazzling energy, mind like a steel trap - maximum integrity, great sense of humor - she truly has it all.

We were talking yesterday, still jazzed and buzzing about the new Obama era emerging before our hungry eyes. I could tell the Golden Girl was ready to join the team. We were talking about Rahm Emanuel (Motherfucking Change you Can Believe In) and what a great thing it would be to be one of those (Axelrod, Podesta, Jarrett) who will get a chance to work help craft and implement the Obama agenda.

I don't feel envy often. It's just not in my makeup. I figure I have a row to hoe. And I'm must do what I must do. Still after the conversation with Golden Girl, I too was a little wistful thinking about how cool it would be to be part of the Obama team. There is so much work to be done.

By the way, if I could make one suggestion, how about The Lovely Carla's dream candidate Robert Kennedy Jr. for head of the EPA. He is brilliant and has real passion for environmental issues. Now that would really be Change We Can Believe In! Someone who actually cares about the environment running the agency that make the rules and regulations and enforces them. What a novel idea!

Blog Archive