Faux Fu

Thursday, November 13, 2008

"If nonviolence is the law of our being, the future is with women..." - M. K. Gandi

Wednesday night. It's drizzling, it's dark, I'm on my way to the city. I get a text message from the Lovely Carla, "I'm getting nervous."

Yes, as we like to say, (as per Laurel and Hardy, or I guess maybe not), "Well, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into."

Our band (minus one, our bass player Sara is out of town), played at the Elbo Room last night. We were one one of four bands on the bill as part of benefit for Apna Ghar a woman's domestic violence shelter.

There's nothing better than expending your creative juices for a good cause. Of course, we challenged ourselves. We debuted a bunch of new music we've just written, never yet played out in public.

Our set went pretty good. I've got the cd to prove it. I might post some live tracks. We'll see.

And the benefit was a great success. A great turn-out. One of the biggest crowds we've ever played for, and they raised a boat-load of money for the cause.

Positive feelings all around. There are some really amazing people in the world. Working together, we can do wonderful things.

Blog Archive