Faux Fu

Monday, October 20, 2008

Something is Happening

Over the weekend I cruised the channels streaming on the Idiot Box. What complete madness.

It doesn't matter which channel you land on, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, the Chattering Idiots are legion. The lies and disinformation comes in a never-ending stream. Looks like we have dismantled the Tower of Babel and reassembled sections of it in TV studios through-out the land.

I clicked off the thing in disgust. As Michael Moore once asked, "Dude, Where's My Country?"

Anyway, I went back to print yesterday. Paged through the Sunday New York Times. I was looking for facts, not opinion.

This blew me away...

In St. Louis Missouri 100,000 people came out to see a young Senator from Illinois talk about what would do if he was given a promotion to the new job he was seeking. 100,000 people in St. Louis Missouri!

"Something is happening here, and you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones?" - B. Dylan

UPDATE: I think there are three islands of sanity in TV Land - The Late Show with David Letterman, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and the Rachel Maddow Show. The rest is pretty much complete dross!

Blog Archive