Faux Fu

Monday, October 06, 2008

"...And a lot of it is because people will have no choice."



This little profile of Chrissie Hynde in yesterday's New York Times is just the ticket. Chrissie is still the leader of the Pretenders one of the great bands out of Akron Ohio. Chrissie has always been a supreme rock and roller. She was in London during the punk explosion in the 70's hanging out with Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten.

I saw her on tour with Neil Young a few years ago. She just exudes complete confidence and edgy cool. I was happy to find she's a fellow vegetarian, (TAX MEAT!), and she just just recently opened the first ever vegan restaurant in Akron.

Here she is on the rumblings in America. I agree a "A Change is Gonna Come." It's gonna be a rocky ride, but that's when the fun begins.

Chrissie Hynde: "Believe me I don't feature any false optimism, I'm very realistic about things. But I can sense that change is coming, and a lot of it is because people will have no choice."

Blog Archive