Faux Fu

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"A Mean, Rotten Cocksucker." - Matt Taibbi

I think Matt Taibbi is my new journalistic hero. He writes about Karl Rove in the latest Rolling Stone. I haven't actually purchased a Rolling Stone magazine in a long, long time, but I'm thankful for the "internets." I do remember when Rolling Stone was a true countercultural touchstone. I loved those searingly great issues from the early 70's when Hunter S. Thompson and Ralph Steadman graced the pages.

Here's Taibbi on the the current Fox Political Analyst, the "boy genius," also known as "Bush's brain."

"Rove is not a genius, or even very clever: He's totally and completely immoral. It doesn't take genius to claim, as Rove ludicrously did last fall, that it was the Democrats in Congress and not George W. Bush who pushed the Iraq War resolution in 2002. It doesn't take brains to compare a triple-amputee war veteran to Osama bin Laden; you just have to be a mean, rotten cocksucker."

It's so refreshing to read something so plainly, perfectly true. Thanks Matt.

Blog Archive