Faux Fu

Saturday, August 19, 2006

"I am So Out of Tune...with You." - Wilco

Wallace Shawn once said something like: 'nothing is ever what you think it will be..." I think that's true. Last night was a good example. I was really looking forward to our performance at the Abbie Fest, but it didn't exactly play out as I envisioned. My trusty guitar, it's my Excalibur, let me down somehow (was it the humidity?). I had tuned it a half hour before performance time, but when it came time to hit that first ringing cord, some strange, off-key sound rang out across the stage. It seemed like I was strangling a snake...it kind of set the tone for the night. OFF-KEY. This is the beauty of live performance...you never know what's coming next. You have to ride the wave, and try to catch another more to your liking...we salvaged the show, the other actors picked up the energy, the bass and drums filled the holes...but man, that was unlikely, unexpected and oh so gnarly! I wonder what's coming next?!

Blog Archive