Faux Fu

Friday, July 21, 2006

Words

I must admit, I have a very strange job...communication is my currency...some days I'm on the phone constantly talking to people coast to coast. Add in all the e-mailing I do, and you could probably draw invisible lines all over this continent representing the little thought trails that emanate out from my caffiene-saturated, supremely-befuddled consciousness...

Sometimes, it's amazing what a well-placed word can do...bring a hot situation to a cool resolution, send money streaking from one bank account to another...open someone's head to a new concept - energy efficiency...(whoa! who would of thunk it?!)...

Other times, it's amazing how little I seem to accomplish...leaving messages in someone's voicemail...messages never to be answered, maybe quickly deleted as if they never existed in the first place...sending e-mails out into a cruel, uncaring world, messages in bottles floating off into a roiling sea of indifference...my words floating out into the world, no substance, finding no purchase, no home...

Same job, different days...I can do this all from my little home office...and then those days where nothing comes back my way, no response, no echo, I feel like I could fall off the face of the earth and no-one would notice...this is my life...strange...it all comes down to words...sometimes I can conjure up something with my words, sometimes I can't...there's no telling from one day to the next...odd that, don't you think?

Blog Archive