And that's OK. I take what I need, and leave the rest. Is that coherent? Not sure. It's just my way forward.
I conclude, we must do our best to live well despite the trials & tribulations of a life. Living well includes being, & doing good in the face of many obstacles. I have fallen for the Great Mystery of Existence. I am ok with not knowing what the hell is going on. I do have a vague, but powerful sense, of being connected to everything in the Universe. This is based on a few experiences of transcendance and "elightenment" over the years. Full-blown body experiences, heart, head, spirit aligned.
It is hard for me to argue with these events that happened to me. I experienced them completely & made them a part of my fundamental nature.
Can one stake one's Life on a few strange, seemingly other-worldly, mystical experiences? I think so. I don't make any great claims, this doesn't make me "special" in any way. I suppose it feeds me with a sense of Wonder. I gravitate to Beauty. I embrace being a Progressive Human Being, open to the Good, as well as embracing Kindness, Intelligence, & a Positive Affirmation of Life in it's many splendored forms.
But, I am more than ok with living inside the great Cloud of Unknowing. There is a deep in the bone humility baked in, I know nothing, I am here to experience, to observe, to witness, to make my way with heart, head, spirit aligned.
To steal from William Blake, Life here on the Planet, living with other Human Beings, is "The Marriage of Heaven & Hell." That is our cross to bear. Living with the dichotomy, the contradiction. Good & Evil side by side alive in us at all times. Imagine Heckle and Jeckle, Angels & Demons. They are useful. Navigating thru the straits as best we can. Free to choose. And these choices make us who we are. Failure & Success two sides of the same coin. Batten down the hatches, & Damn the Torpedoes. There is a Life to be Lived. Choose wisely, Grasshopper!