whitewolfsonicprincess' 2nd single Child of the Revolution
Thursday, July 30, 2026
Addictions Good & Bad...
Folk #1: There was no internet service over here at the big house yesterday, so I wasn't able to write a post. I usually don't want to miss writing in this particular space. I mean, I am usually a bit obessive about writing in the morning. I have an addictive personality. I find the trick is to channel my addictions to either healthy or harmless pursuits. So, yeah, deeply addicted to drinking a pot of coffee in the morning (it seems to work for me), addicted to music, (my love & passion), addicted to reading, (essential to being human), right now, addicted to avocados (they taste amazing and supposedly good for you). The Next Big Thing. Oh yeah, I am also addicted to always finding The Next Big Thing. It's embedded in my being. I am also addicted to writing & blogging (I can't imagine not writing). But yesterday I just had to let it go. I ended up sitting in a comfy chair, looking out the big bay window, watching the sun rise over the lake, sipping coffee, just staring off into the great distance. If I had anything to say, anything to write, or to think, I just let it all drift away. I couldn't surf the internet for the latest on the relentless shit-show, which actually was nice; a brief reprieve. Too much shit-show makes the baby go blind. Anyway, the internet is back on this morning. So I type. It feels good. You know, you have to be the monkey, & to feed the monkey. So happy I never smoked cigarettes, I gave up drinking alcohol a long time ago, and gambling, which I used to love to do with a great passion, betting on the ponies, is now just a distant, strangely-unreal memory. I can't imagine how gamblers today are going to survive, they can now bet on pretty much anything via their little smart-phones, which is conveniently directly connected to their bank accounts. Holy Mother of God! Bankruptcy looms for a generation of lost, frantic gamblers just trying to get even. That is a fucking losing proposition. No doubt. Not good for the health or wealth of the monkey...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(210)
-
▼
July
(29)
- Addictions Good & Bad...
- Environmental Dystopia...
- Many Minds...
- Chip on My Shoulder...
- Diseases of the MInd...
- Radically Sincere...
- The Days of Reckoning Looming on the Horizon...
- Turns Out Some Things Can Be Un-Fucked. But Not Ev...
- Embracing the Arbitrary Nature of Existence...
- World Gone Wrong...
- Failure, Success, Madness...
- Revenge of the Stupids Tour...
- We Have Cooked Our Own Goose...
- Man-Made Climate Catastrophe...
- Lessons in Summer 2026...
- Crimes Against Us All...
- An Expanding Day...
- Doing Good, Being Good...
- Monster for a Day...
- Ping-Pong Ball & Yo-Yo...
- Days...
- Better? Nope.
- Caught...
- Lied to & Conned, Every Damn Day...
- Reaching for the Words...
- All His Shadowy Enemies Dancing in His Empty Cavit...
- Snakes on the Loose...
- The Positive Tools of Negativity...
- The Golden Calf President & His Racist-Creep Bootl...
-
▼
July
(29)