Faux Fu

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Practice...

My writing practice...

I do think it is therapeutic: as in "having a beneficial effect on the body or mind." I mean beneficial for my mind and body. What about those reading what I write? Is it beneficial for my dear readers? I am not sure, I am not promising anything.

Life is not a dress rehearsal for something else. Life is the main attraction. At the same time I do think spending lots of time practicing is a worthy way to burn your days.

What else do I practice? 

Meditation, chilling out, playing guitar, singing, listening to, and playing music, navigating the ways of the world, eating well, interacting with other Human Beings, practicing "good thinking:" paying attention to Science, Rationality, Logic, Clarity, Clear-headedness. And practicing Intuition and Transcendence too. You know on the one hand I just do these things. But really,  everything I do needs a bit of practicing.

Talking, Walking, Breathing. Also essential: Listening, Seeing, Observing, Cultivating Silence. You can refine what you do, and how you do it. You can be aware, alive, awake, and then, let go and just totally Be Here Now. That takes practice too. Supremely worth it too.

Blog Archive