Faux Fu

Monday, March 27, 2023

A Life of Light and Poetry...

We have a band, write songs, play shows, we recorded 11 songs earlier in the year, are in the midst of mixing those songs now, running a little fund-raising campaign to help finish and bring an album to the world, working up cover art, developing an ad campaign, doing all the things you have to do if you want to be a band and try to get your music to other folks. DIY! 

It's a mission, a way of life, a reason to believe. Recently two incredibly supportive folks, in two totally different circumstances, expressed their support for our band & music in word and deed, and both declared: "We believe in you guys." That's fucking cool, amazing, inspiring. Surprising too. Makes us think we are on the right path, doing the good work. It doesn't take more than a glimmer of light to show us the way forward.

I also received a text message shortly before I took the stage to play with my band last Friday night. It was message from a long-time soul-friend, a fellow seeker and creative traveler,  an artist in all ways, a distinguished gentleman of charisma and light. I hadn't heard from him in quite awhile. He lives in another state far away. His message: "Continue on your path of Universal Righteousness..."

My response: "Your text message appeared to me at the most-perfect time. It hit me like an arrow of transcendent light. It exploded in my solar plexus and lit every cell of my body with the fire of a million suns."

Yes. Well. We get to choose what we believe in, and how we live our lives. Maybe it's best to live a life filled with light and poetry. Damn the torpedos. 

Blog Archive