Faux Fu

Saturday, March 25, 2023

R&R = Saved & Sundered...

Back with the living. How did I make it back?

I attribute it to the amazing restorative powers of a human body. How do those restorative powers work? Beats me. Maybe: rest up, sleep, eat healthy, fresh, organic food, take vitamins, guzzle Alka Seltzer Cold Remedy (night & day), spend lots of time alone, breathing, thinking, laying low & listening to music. You know just let time swim by. Your body has a few defenses & internal remedies at it's beck and call. Yesterday, I luxuriated in excellent r&r, I did a bit of concentrated, close-listening to The Who "Who's Next," (1971) and Nick Cave & Warren Ellis' "Carnage." (2021). Dare I say it? Saved by the healing powers of r&r. Brought low by r&r too. How did I get sick? Playing music in small rooms with large crowds.  Happened 2 of the last 3 shows I've performed at. It is true, "People make you sick." We are a germ-sharing species. Last night, I psyched myself up, strapped on my guitar, decided to leave my sickness behind, and performed in a jam-packed, over-heated, little dive bar in the big city. Damn the torpedos and germs. Two full sets of music with two different bands. 24 songs in total. It was pretty damn exhilarating. Given my recent history, I was tempting fate, and taunting those pesky little sick-making germs. Hoping my "natural immunity" kicked in and took on all contenders. Way too early tell, but this morning I feel fine, crystal-clear, satisfied. r&r, you are a beautiful and cruel master, both.

Blog Archive