Faux Fu

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Human Brain, Not So Brainy...

Kevin Drum thinks that eventually, maybe sooner than we think, AI will be much smarter than Human Beings. Who knows? I am just a glorified monkey myself, so I'm in the "could be right, could be wrong," camp. 10,000 years of Human History is pretty much a mixed bag: lots of madness, murder, mayhem, stupidity & general ugliness with a few patches of light, intelligence & transcendence. The last paragraph of Kevin's post resonated with me:

"Moral of the story: our brains really aren't that great. They're a couple of notches better than a chimpanzee's brain, and this allows us to produce some remarkable stuff. But this brain also requires massive training to read simple text, do simple arithmetic, overcome its desire to kill anything coded as a threat, and just generally get through life with even modest levels of rationality. Can we produce something better than this? I sure as hell hope so."- Kevin Drum

Blog Archive