Faux Fu

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Mulch for the Process...

Strange days, indeed. That would be an accurate description of our present circumstances. It feels like the planet is off-kilter, spinning madly, frantic, wobbly, or as the Temptations once sang in another contentious era: "Ball of Confusion."

Except now, more people, more madness, more confusion, more ignorance, more churn and burn, more hurly-burly. I mean, how much hurly-burly can human beings take on?

Uncertain times. Uncertain days. The Great Cloud of Unknowing descending across the planet. It has never felt quite like this before, I mean, I am speaking personally, now. Other times in my life there seemed to be an illusion of normalcy, of certainty, although, I think I always knew that was a false sense of security. 

My father used to say: "No one ever promised you a rose garden." Roger that. Whatever promises were made, or implied, never really materialized. Life is just an improvisation. Long-form. One step at a time.

Where is it all going? No one really knows. We just carry on. Do the best we can. Pray the pieces don't fall on us. I come up with the same cliches, the cliches that guide my life: Lean to the Light. Stay Humble. Find some Grace and Joy in the doing and the being.

Create. Oh yeah, I am big on the Creative Process. I live for Art. I believe that Art can change a life. How does it do it? Just by the doing. So yes, I think of myself as an Artist, doing his Art. The hurly-burly is just mulch for the process.

Blog Archive