Faux Fu

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Be That Kind of Garden...

I have read many, many books over the years. Uncountable. Lots of wisdom in those books. I have probably forgotten more than I remember, but maybe, everything counts, maybe every sentence, every word really was recorded somewhere in my consciousness? I mean, once in awhile that wisdom comes crashing back in.

We can't really "fix" the world, unless we "fix" ourselves first. Tend to your own garden, mister. This is not a selfish thing, it's practical, pragmatic way forward. You work on yourself; you cultivate a better you. And then you try to lead by example.

So act like the better person you'd like to be. I mean, if you have to, "fake it to make it." Yes. Gentleness, kindness, compassion, love, empathy. 

Be that kind of garden.

Blog Archive