Faux Fu

Friday, June 19, 2020

Worry...

"You don't worry about the future."

I "found" this message, hatched from a fortune cookie, yesterday. I mean, I must have saved it, and then, misplaced it. It turned up yesterday. The last time I was at a Chinese restaurant was "pre-pandemic," now many months in the distant past. I do think we now need to label our eras like so: 

Pre-pandemic/Pandemic/Post-pandemic.

I think it's true. I don't really worry about the future. I probably should. I think the "worry breakdown" for me is as follows:

The Future? Don't worry. Who knows? Hope it's gonna be OK. Or at least not as bad as some say.

The Present? Too busy to worry. Being in the moment takes all your might, attention and focus.

The Past? Yes. Worry about the Past. Worry over it like a dog worrying over an old bone. Worry over it. You can't change it. It continues to grow. It looms over you. As the saying goes: "You think you are through with the past, the past isn't through with you."

The a.m. soundtrack - The National's "Sleep Well Beast."  (2017). Another extraordinary album from the National. A great band. Subtle, beautiful, sophisticated, layered, sounds fabulous on the BOSE system this morning. Matt B. is a vocalist and lyricist unlike any other. This one grows on you. All of their records do. A knockout.

Blog Archive