Faux Fu

Saturday, May 23, 2020

The Waiting is the Hardest Part, No Doubt...

Patience.

When I think of my time in Coronavirus, I think of my time spent waiting.

Waiting for a friend.
Waiting for something to happen.
Waiting for good news.
Waiting for the time to pass.

Waiting, and...

watching the clouds passing over my head.
watching the waves crashing to the shore.
watching the little birdies flitting from tree to tree.

Waiting for lunch.
Waiting for the computer to boot up.
Waiting for an idea.
Waiting for the mail.

Every time I think I should "make something happen," events conspire to make me wait.

I sit Buddha-like, waiting, waiting, waiting.
I sit and wait, and think of Tom Petty's great song, I can't help it, I hear him singing in my head: "The Waiting is the hardest part."

Yes, Tom is correct.

The a.m. soundtrack - Tame Impala's "Lonerism."  (2012). We all practice loner-ism now. The first time I played this record I thought "Flaming Lips." I was sure it was Wayne and the boys. It sounded like a David Friddman production (the long-time Producer of the Flaming Lips). Nope. It's all Kevin Parker with an assist from Jay Watson on two tracks. Oh yeah, turns out Friddman did help out a bit, he gets an uncredited assist. Kevin Parker sings, and plays all the instruments. It really is a document of aloneness. It does sound like the Lips to me. But it's great. There is something about a musician sitting in his room all by himself creating a world of sound. Lonerism in action.

Blog Archive