Faux Fu

Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Make it to the Daylight.

I wonder if Covid-19 will be a constant theme around here for the foreseeable future? Unfortunately, probably.

Every day, every conversation, every news story, every event, just about every moment has Covid-19 swirling around, underlying, or looming over it; it always either front and center, or lurking in a subtly subterranean way.

It's about space.
Our lives.
Having our own space, inside, outside.
We have given so much of our space to a novel coronavirus.

That's just the reality.
This nasty virus circulated around the globe.
It came to us all very, very quickly.
It's amazingly contagious.
It's amazingly deadly.

So how to maintain our space?
Mental & physical?

Cultivate silence.
Meditate.
Long walks.
Eat well.
Sleep well.
Keep positive.
Maybe pray.
Or dream of better days.

Our job now is to stay healthy.
Survive in the age of Covid-19.
Make it to the other side.

The a.m. soundtrack - Sigur Ros' - "Ágætis byrjun"  (1999). As Friedrich Nietzche puts it: "Without music life would be a mistake." This is the one. I can't convey how powerful, beautiful, inspiring, and life-affirming it has been to discover this band, this record. It has been a major presence in my life ever since I first came across it around 2000. I can't count the many, many times I have  listened to it, inhabited it, submerged into it, let it wash over me. It always works. It always, always sends me to other places. Beautiful, healing, inspiring places. A great work of art. A magic spell. A gift.

Blog Archive