Faux Fu

Thursday, May 28, 2020

A New Vivid World of Light...

I have never been a germaphobe. Until now.
I have never been a hypochondriac.  Until now.

A Frog in the Throat?! Yikes.
A Sneeze? Holy Shit.

Was that a Cough? Heaven Forbid.

I go through the inventory: Where did I go, who did I encounter, what did I touch, how often have I washed my hands?

I wear a mask every day. Open the doors to our building with a paper towel. I count my fingers and toes every day. Listen to my body. What's going on in there?!

All seems fine this morning. No cold, no virus.  I am "relatively healthy." That's a thing, right?!

There is death and mayhem all around us. Over 100,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in the USA. A sad, tragic milestone. It truly is the "plague." The New Dark Ages. No doubt.

The people in charge here are incompetent, corrupt, vindictive and paranoid. Doesn't help the situation. How to be positive/optimistic? Is that even a correct way to be?

I don't know. I see light. I do. I think we are at a pivot point in our Democracy. A dark time is here, but it won't be here forever. Let's hope some of us make it thru. Blue Wave 2020. And then let's all turn to empathy, social justice, a better Democracy, a new vivid world of light. Yes. I see it.

The a.m. soundtrack - Bonnie Prince Billy - "I See a Darkness"  (1999). This is a dark one. Stark. Vivid. A "delicate, intelligent record." No doubt. Layered. Empathetic. Will Oldham's voice is an expressive, keening, haunting thing. There's a skull on the cover.

Blog Archive