Faux Fu

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Off The Hook!

Feeling off the hook, like one of those old rotary phones.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, never mind, it's from another time and place in a land far away. Did it all ever really exist? I don't know. I have lost the narrative thread. Too many unreliable narrators, too many cul de sacs, too many random episodes and surreal, nonsensical scenes. David Byrne: "Stop Making Sense." No worries on that count. Some mornings, really, nothing makes sense. It's all sort of David Lynchian - dark doings, dancing little people, ominous music, lots of foreshadowing, and hints of strange violence and volcanic emotion.

You get the distinct impression no one is in charge, no one really knows what's what, and all the supposed explanations fall flat, or sound ridiculous, or are just calculated lies to confuse you even more. Living in a state of confusion. Ha.

I am thinking about Kayne West this A.M. Taking a break from my Dylan obsession I am listening to  Van Morrison's, "Hardnose the Highway," and "Inarticulate Speech of the Heart." Inarticulate. Indeed. Anyway, the last time I wrote about the Branded Hip-Hop Genius Kanye West,  I quoted Tariq Ali: "Wealth determines consciousness." I wondered if it was all about the $. Maybe. Where do you go next after you've acquired everything? Do you get fat, sitting on the couch, eating fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches and shout obscenities at the TV all day? Or do you hide in your mansion and store your urine in jars? Or run to therapy, or a 12 step-program, or you end up doing a cabaret act in Vegas? Or medicate yourself with every drug invented and surf off into a zoned-out oblivion, and certain death? Just how are you gonna kill time?

What is the logical next step for a Branded Hip-Hop Genius?

Well, I didn't see this one coming, but of course, it does make sense: Turn to Jesus. Then become Jesus. Then transcend Jesus and become a God. And then lead a branded-NDA-wielding Cult. Brilliant. Logical. Kanye.

Who can argue with any of that? Really? Being a God, leading a Cult? Shite, man, that's a job! Put me back on the hook! Taking calls now!

Blog Archive