Faux Fu

Friday, October 21, 2016

"Sin & Redemption!"

"Sin and Redemption." Those words floated to the surface last night. I saw and heard the words. They woke me up from a very deep sleep. Woke me up in the dead of night. Unbidden. 

I am not much of a religious person. But have spent lots of my life studying religion, thinking about it, reacting against it. I am pretty familiar with the Catholic tradition, the Zen tradition. I meditate, sometimes float up a prayer or two. You know, sort of ironically.

I believe in believing. In something. I think it helps. And we can use all the help we can get. Right? So yeah, "sin and redemption." I know what the words mean. They are not empty. They hold meaning. 

What do I do with them? Thinking about that this morning. I don't know. Not sure. I have sinned. Whether I believe in sin or not. I know what a sin is. Can I be redeemed? "Atone, make amends, save?"

An open question. The words came to me as a statement. Not a question. But I am left with a question. That's just the way it goes.

Blog Archive