Faux Fu

Friday, October 02, 2015

Train Whistle Blowing for Me

Up late playing music at a bar and grill in Nashville. Up early anyway. Sleeping in someone else's bed. I hear a train whistle blowing, always makes me sad, reminds me time is passing, people are coming and going. Being in a new town is always sort of refreshing, new things to see and do, but at the same time I fall back on all my usual routines - good meal, good coffee, up early writing, playing my guitar, reading a rock and roll book. You can't really get away from yourself. Maybe that isn't the point. Maybe getting to know ourselves is the point. And putting ourselves in many different situations to find out what is the essence, the core of ourselves. And maybe find out what it is you want to do, and do that with all your might, energy and enthusiasm.

Blog Archive