Faux Fu

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Alone, and Never, Ever Alone!

Yes, this makes more than sense... we are never alone, even when we are alone. And all the relationships in our lives, affect our lives, our health, our well-being, our immune systems, and how we deal with stress. And life, well, brothers and sisters, "life is stress!"

And when you lose someone close, it is like losing a limb, an integral part of your being. That's how it feels, that's how it is.

I think of all the people I carry with me - mother, father, siblings, cousins, etc. (we all come from a long line of dead people), and also all those folks, those voices, who have had an impact on me from afar, voices, beings that I carry with me always - Dylan, Melville, Neil Young, David Foster Wallace, John Lennon, Kurt Vonnegut, Patti Smith, Sam Shepard, Kerouac, Poe, Allen Ginsberg, Tennessee Williams, Arthur Miller, Paul Bowles, Charles Bukowski, Vince Lombardi, Joseph Heller... oh yeah, lots of others I can't bring into my viewfinder this morning.

No wonder I am a jumble. And full of words. Always. Alone and never, ever, alone. Are they all good for my immune system? Don't know, but it's an interesting mix for sure...

Blog Archive