Faux Fu

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Passive Victim or Active Victim?

Well, some days, it comes down to simple questions. Questions like: "Do I want to be a passive victim, or do I want to be an active victim?"

And then there are things you realize you will do, and things you won't do. And if asked for an answer of why you will do what you do, you say, "I want to." And if asked for an answer of why you won't do what you don't do, you say, "I don't want to. I don't have to."

It's these kind of situations, questions, and answers that define us. You don't know exactly what to do or say, but you make a choice. You choose not knowing if what you choose is the good and right thing. You hope it's the good and right thing, but you really won't know until later, after the dust has settled, after the score-keepers have totaled up the results.

So yes, back to my simple, cross-roads question yesterday, I went with active victim. Whether that works out the way I hope it works out is kind of a crap-shoot, a roll of the dice. Who knows?

Blog Archive