Faux Fu

Monday, October 13, 2014

How Many Heroes Can Dance on the Head of a Pin?

A good friend of mine told me he was on "The Hero's Journey," that his life was one long rambling narrative, with him as the Hero, and that Universe has been unfolding, scenes of his life have been rolling out over many years, but he was sure, soon, who knows, maybe any moment now, his life-long quest would be coming to fruition. He would find what he was seeking, the treasure was soon to be claimed. All he had to do was "follow his bliss" and all would be revealed and resolved... I was a little bit befuddled. I mean, I thought it was "I" who was on the Hero's Journey, and that this long rambling narrative was about the scenes in my life, and well... treasure, fruition, bliss, etc. I mean, what About Me?!?

Blog Archive