Faux Fu

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Too Disconnected to Figure it Out!

Yesterday was a pretty agreeable day. It didn't sicken me, or lay me under. I mean, I was relatively happy, I had slept well the night before, and ate well, so I was fortified, and although I was "busy," I was not overburdened with tasks or responsibilities.

It was an odd day. I was strangely disconnected from myself. Sort of watched myself go from "station to station." I walked around. And talked to a few folks. I did all the things you are supposed to do, if you are a lively human being.

But even though I went through all the motions, the disengagement of my "self" from the things I was doing, seemed fairly pronounced. This was not disagreeable. In a way it was very agreeable. But it had an edge of strangeness. Sort of like I was watching a version of my life, but it was a life that I was just putting on for size.

Maybe I was in an "enlightened" state. Or a faintly "schizoid" one, or maybe it's a sign of profound soul-sadness. I couldn't tell. I was too disconnected to figure it all out. And I guess, that seemed OK too.

Blog Archive