Faux Fu

Saturday, August 27, 2011

R&R Distortion Master!

One of my favorite things to do in the world is put on a Neil Young CD and play along in the kitchen. My neighbors probably don't love it, I like to crank my little tube amp, turn up my overdrive pedal and jam away.

And now that we are planning a Neil Young night in September, I have extra motivation to play Neil Young songs. I'm a big fan of Tonight's the Night, On the Beach, Everybody Knows this is Nowhere, Rust Never Sleeps, Ragged Glory, etc.

Last night on the radio two rock critics "dissected" Neil's great Rust Never Sleeps. Usually I don't agree with those two guys. And even when I agree with them, they just seem so damn annoying. Still, I did enjoy their discussion of Neil's great album.

Neil's music is so powerful, so emotional, so mythological. I'm so in awe of the man and his music. And I have always loved his great guitar sound. Neil is both the sensitive singer-songwriter, and the combustible rock and roll distortion master. Love that beautiful dichotomy!

Blog Archive