Faux Fu

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Being There...

It's the sunny/dumps dichotomy in full force...last night we performed for a packed house at our humble theater space as part of a triple bill of acts for the Ravenswood Arts Walk. We were smack dab in the middle of the bill. We did our combo of music and theater. We are always a little rough. It just seems to be our nature. Never as polished as we could be, and maybe that's how I like it. There's always some sense of hollowness even in the moment of accomplishment. The audience responded, nothing really went wrong, there was just an unsatisfiedness that kind of hung over me.

It's me, not the world...I know it, but, it's a sense I can't shake...an unfulfilled aspect...maybe that's really what propels me forward. You never quite "get there," you're always, taking the next step into the void that ultimately we have to fill with something...so, another night, another performance, and today, well, now what?

Blog Archive