Faux Fu

Thursday, December 08, 2005

"So You Want to be a Rock and Roll Star" - The Byrds

So I was up late, playing r&r at a little bar with the Telepaths. We played two inspired sets. At one point, I think I channeled Neil Young's chauffer. Anyway, I'm a little fuzzy this morning, so I grabbed this quote which I came across at another site. I always wanted to be a star...

"The cosmos is within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself. We've begun at last to wonder about our origins, star stuff comtemplating the stars, organized collections of ten billion billion billion atoms contemplating the evolution of matter, tracing that long path by which it arrived at consciousness...Our obligation to survive and flourish is owed not just to ourselves but also to that cosmos, ancient and vast, from which we spring." - Carl Sagan

Blog Archive