Faux Fu

Monday, December 19, 2005

"Nothing you can sing that can't be sung..." - Lennon & McCartney

Some days, do you wake up and wonder, "will I be handed my head?" or, "will I avoid getting my ass kicked?" Some days, when you go for a little jog on the lakefront (if you do), do you tell yourself, "just don't hurt yourself."

Alternatively, do you ever wonder if you could do something really great? Write a great novel or play? Compose a great song or album? Discover a cure for some horrible disease? Save the planet from global warming? Find a solution to hunger, poverty, the pain and suffering of the world? Develop a program to increase universal LOVE?

Do you ever have delusions of grandeur?

Where do you sit in the dichotomy between small and great, meek and brash, humble and grand; from surviving to thriving...?

Some days, I want it all...I want to make it to lunch without pain or heartache...and I want to shake up the whole wide world before dinner...now that would be a good day.

Blog Archive