Faux Fu

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Yes & No

My head is clear this morning. I was out late playing rock and roll music, (a joyous, liberating kick) and up early now, well before the sun. I've got some appointments to keep today, but that sense of being overwhelmed that has stuck to me like a bad haircut, has finally passed. I feel like I've finally 'caught up' to myself. I've got a good handle on my job, and all the tasks I have set before me. Let's see how long that lasts.

I've almost completed the 'Free Henry Goodbar, Telepath,' video. Carla is pushing for a couple of reshoots this weekend. She is much more the 'perfectionist,' than I am. My working method, (this includes writing, acting, editing, playing music) is to kind of 'wing it,' and see what happens. I like the happy mistakes, the strange combinations, the sloppiness. Carla is always pushing to refine things, to finish them, to make them beautiful. I think it makes us an excellent collaborative team. In our collaboration, my tendency is to say 'yes,' to just about anything (this frequently gets me into trouble), Carla's tendency is to say 'no,' which helps us refine and finish. It's the Black Forest way. As Carla has reminded me: 'Black Forest, is bigger than you, me or David' (the third leg of our creative team). And yes, I must admit, she's right.

Blog Archive