Faux Fu

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

And So...

So much of my time (in my job, in my creative pursuits) is spent, proposing, suggesting, putting ideas out into the world; to be judged or ignored, or maybe more accurately: to be judged and ignored. Often 'the world,' seems indifferent, or actively hostile to my humble aspirations. Of course, I can't take it personally, or instead, I must pursue my personal agenda despite the adversarial nature of my relationship with the world around me.

Samuel Fuller: 'one of the truths of human existence is the struggle to be free of boundaries, real or emotional.' This sounds true, and like a truth, it is as great or slight an insight as we choose to make it. It is easier not to struggle; to pull in our horns, to live with no expectations. On the other hand, we can make the struggle 'a game,' we can use the struggle as an instrument of change. Change can be painful, change can be revelatory.

Kurt Vonnegut's refrain in 'Slaughthouse Five': and so it goes.

Blog Archive