Faux Fu

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Something

The deluge this morning, rain is pouring down, the sky is grey, the world is grey. I'm a little 'fuzzy,' out late with friends last night, dinner at La Bella in Oak Park (one of my old haunts). I was time-tripping (I used to walk these streets, I used to know these people). The three of us connected by a time and place that no longer exists. We have all made choices, events (this and this and this) have carried us forward, we are no longer 'the same,' but yes, there is some continuity, something we still recognize in each other, something that mysteriously brings us together, something that brought us together in the first place. How to explain the world - to ourselves, to each other? "Hello, this is what's been going on in my life. What's up with you?" We connect, we part, something is given, something is lost.

Blog Archive