Faux Fu

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Maladies

It there anything drearier than hearing of someone else's physical maladies? Yesterday, my back, got the 'works' from Mari, my acupuncturist: electrical stimulation, needles -- in my back, my hands, my feet. She also applied heat to the area, and threw in some 'new age' music to boot. It was all very relaxing. Somehow, the needles, placed strategically, stimulate the body to heal itself; at least that's the theory.

Eastern medicine: needles and herbs, seems much less invasive than the Western kind. In the East, there is much less reliance on technology, in the West, it seems, we believe our technology will save us. Since there's so much we don't know, maybe less is more.

I have a long day ahead of me. I'm traveling with a business collegue to the far South Side for a meeting. I'm a little 'low energy,' this morning. I must be careful not to 'give it all away.'

Blog Archive